Click here to download the information for the 2017 NZHEA student essay competition.
Click here for NZHEA’s position statement on quality sexuality education in The New Zealand Curriculum.
- The nomination form for our ’emerging leader’ award can be found here (nominations close 30th April).
- The application form for conference funding can be found here (applications close 31st March).
The New Zealand Health Education Association (NZHEA) is a professional non-profit organisation and incorporated society that has been supporting the teaching of Health Education in New Zealand schools for over 20 years. The NZHEA is managed by an Executive Committee, who meet at least three times per year and is made up of elected representatives from the North and South Islands.
Vision: Quality Health Education is an integral part of young people’s learning, development and achievement.
Mission Statement: NZHEA is a community of professionals that operates with excellence, connectedness and leadership to support Health Education.
- Learning/ako: Members provide and promote opportunities for all educators and learners to achieve in Health Education.
- Whanaungatanga: Members collaborate with each other and other organisations to share and develop relationships.
- Leadership/pono: Members advocate for, inspire, and empower educators and learners to support well-being.
For more information, members can access our current strategic plan here